Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Seeing them through His eyes

So I have been home for almost 3 weeks and I am still processing through my trip in India. I am in this really strange and great place of cherishing stillness before God. One of my journal entries says, "I will look deeply, love sincerely, give freely and be lower."

Loving people through the mess, the brokenness and the pain didn't stop when I got on that plane. God just renewed my heart and reminded me that my purpose on this Earth is to love others. I am here to know Him and make Him known.

One of my friends made this incredible video which shows some of the highlights from the trip and is a challenge to all who believe that they are called to love others.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10150985795566254&set=t.546511253&type=3

A lot of people have asked, "did you have fun in India?" I have no idea where to begin. Yes... and no.

There were great moments of joy, huge amounts of laughter, funny skits, exhausted hallucinations, and many wonderful memories. Some of the most hilarious moments stemmed from Global Expedition traditions... like Christmas in July and the "no talent talent show". I will always remember Pastor Bala and his goofy smile; this man and his wife have a love story that has left me forever changed.

But to be honest, my mind first goes to the faces of children that will never leave me, stories of violence and hate, poverty and need. My time in India was not fun, it was hard, smelly, heartbreaking and so, so good. I am changed and I wouldn't have it any other way. I am full of hope and have a new urgency to simply love.

No comments:

Post a Comment